Monday, July 8, 2013

Collection of Journal Pages Using Sketches

 photo 2013mpeacocksketch3blog_zps85991f24.jpg

A little bit of a zentangle while watching the Cryaotic livestream on Saturday...

 photo 2013mpeacocksketch4blog_zps6f711205.jpg

An attempt to draw something realistic that didn't go as well as I'd hoped! I find small details to be very challenging with acrylic paint. 

 photo 2013mpeacocksketch2blog_zps4b54b93f.jpg

These were fun. I spent a long time (in the past) waiting to come across chalk pastels, and once I found them, I learned how unbelievably messy they are. Wow. Especially on smooth papers, it will collect a pile of coloured dust which will get all over everything if I'm not careful. Keep a wet rag handy. 

 photo 2013mpeacocksketchblog_zps9030a254.jpg

Because they're so chalky, I sprayed them with matte varnish which I don't really care for - it covered my dark black lines with a hazy white film. And then I sealed them onto the page with some gel medium. In the end, they kind of look like images printed from a terrible printer! Ha! 

No comments: