Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hummingbird Painting - Remember

 photo 2013mpeacockrememberblog_zps4b15ad17.jpg

This is the painting I started last week but didn't get to finish before leaving for my visit. I didn't know where I was going with it, and for a while, it felt like it was losing direction instead of gaining. 

 photo 2013mpeacockrememberblog4_zpsdeeceaf9.jpg

I had more progress photos but accidentally deleted them! What happened is the pretty watercolour roses were eventually smeared and then covered. Layers of paper were added. Paint was pushed through a stencil. And when I came back, I wanted to paint one of the many hummingbirds I got to see during my visit! 

It says "Remember", because art is a memory, a feeling, an experience. Capture it! 

 photo 2013mpeacockrememberblog5_zps017027d0.jpg

No comments: