Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Journal Post 6-11-13

 photo IMG_9254blog_zps113806fc.jpg

Yesterday I arrived home from my short stay in the mountains - four days of desert wildflowers, hummingbirds, donkey wails, cookies and zero responsibilities whatsoever. Saskatoons, ravens, well water. Fights, bad television, and too-long swimming sessions. A strange variety of bugs. 

 photo IMG_9246blog_zps43d06a7f.jpg

It's been at least a week since my usual routine was screwed up and I'm feeling the effects! So detached, this feeling. Not sure if I'm even really here anymore! 

But I'm back home, at least, and with a renewed appreciation for city water! Yum. And I don't recognize any of the plants in my garden. Or my cats, really. I am two pieces of me in two different places, simultaneous-like.

No comments: