Friday, March 22, 2013

Maggie Painting

 photo 2013mpeacockmaggieblog_zps2a2855c5.jpg

Is it just me, or did this week just fly by?

I have been seriously itching to have fun. Serious painting fun. Perhaps I need another artsy playdate? In the meantime, I thought it wasn't fair that I painted only one of my cats, and so I decided to paint my other cat on a full sheet of watercolour paper.

 photo 2013mpeacockmaggieblog2_zps806703d1.jpg

I ended up tearing around the edges of what I had painted, and glued it onto an old canvas board panel I originally used seven or eight years ago! This currently how I combine watercolour with other media: watercolour first, then paint around it.

 photo 2013mpeacockmaggieblog3_zps7ff62622.jpg

I watched an art journal video on youtube, which featured something called "absorbant ground" which I absolutely HAVE to find. From what I hear, it is a kind of gesso, that can turn other surfaces into an absorbant one for watercolours. What a concept! Is it true?

No comments: