Friday, April 26, 2013

Fly Away

 photo 2013mpeacockflyawayblog_zps39c78af3.jpg

I am so in love with these wooden panels thanks to Nolwenn.  I love the smooth, solid texture of them. I love the way the image wraps around the side so that it is truly ready for hanging, no framing necessary.

 photo 2013mpeacockflyaway2blog_zps71cd4eec.jpg

Artists who just wrap the edges with black tape, take note: you are missing out on a beautiful effect! It can be hard to remember though... to continue the pattern around a corner, to spread the gel medium along the side of the panel only to accidentally squash it when you pick it up later. It happens.

 photo 2013mpeacockflyaway3blog_zps4a5bb27b.jpg

But I'm also leaving the realm of Compact Storage. I originally went back to painting on paper so that I could keep painting without having to take up storage space. But these... these I almost want to make hundreds and line my walls with them!


No comments: