Friday, December 14, 2012

Ambrosia's Polaroid Magnets

Photobucket

I saw a photo on Pinterest of these homemade Polaroid magnets and thought they were super cute! So I tried it out. Could make a nice little hostess gift for any holiday parties coming up...

Photobucket

It's actually more challenging than it looks (they look a bit better in the photos than in my hand). Trying to get good edges with bookboard and combining glue and printer paper are some tricky things to do.

Photobucket

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to glaze all of them (the glaze only seems to exacerbate imperfections in the paper/glue step) but the magnets were so super easy to attach. I used the Elmer's magnet strips and they're actually not too bad. The adhesive actually sticks! A bit stronger than the thin magnet cards you get from businesses, which is good. 

No comments: