Thursday, January 3, 2013

Overstimulated

Photobucket

An ode to those late nights when inspiration hits: to every Pinterest image that catches our eye, to every wacky detail in our favourite video games, to saturated colours and world wonders, to soul crushing notes in mournful songs and to that stubborn resistance that keeps us from closing our browser windows and drifting off to sleep as we should.

Photobucket

I was originally going to paint a human eye (as that would make sense in this context) but I was a little creeped out by it and kept procrastinating. So I painted a lovely cat's eye instead.

I usually also try to resist the urge to stray from standard sizes to make framing nice and easy, but I just can't resist a long rectangle. The standard 8x10 is weird and uncomfortable so I thought I'd treat myself this time. :3

Photobucket

Available here.

No comments: