Monday, May 20, 2013

Exciting New Art Journals

 photo 2013mpeacocklistenblog_zps3c5f727e.jpg

Above is the journal I made while giving a private workshop this weekend, which is now available here.

But what is very new and interesting is a small set of super duper little art journals listed below. Have you figured out what is new and fun about them?

 photo 2013mpeacockcreateblog_zps3975f7e1.jpg

 photo 2013mpeacockdragonflyblog_zpsfca4af8d.jpg

 photo 2013mpeacockbirdblog_zps88798db0.jpg

They're filled with a RAINBOW of Fabriano papers! I went to the supply store to get my huge wall of chipboard and the Fabriano display caught my eye. To my delight, they were nearly as heavy as my usual Stonehenge and so I had to grab some. 

The journals are slightly smaller by about an inch on both sides (because the paper is smaller) so they look like kid sister versions of my regular joes. Very cute, very super duper colourful. 

 photo rainbowblog_zpsb93ceccf.jpg

Look at the colours! Aaahhh! I think these would be pretty fun for pencil sketch journalers, collage artists or just plain written diaries (I had one of those in rainbow and it was pretty fantastic). Great for "Smashing" as well, or for any of us who can't put down their white spray inks!

The violet paper got a bit of a "fading" during its stay at the art store and so it has subtle faded lines here and there. You can see it in the photo above. I'm pretty okay with that but some people aren't.

No comments: