Thursday, May 3, 2012

Faces 5/2/12

Photobucket

Here's the face I did for yesterday. I'm having one of those late mornings where I really don't feel like doing anything.

So I'm working mostly from photos I have around the house because I need practice with realism! I think this one turned out closer to reality than the first one. Maybe it's because her face is actually right-side-up? Hahaha.

It's really hard to turn off that part of the brain that wants to tell me what I'm looking at, instead of telling me what I see! 

4 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

Nice!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Love it.

And yeah … you remind me of college prof who would say, "Draw what you and not what you know is there."

It's been *a lot* of years, but I've never forgotten those words … even when "realism" is far from my expressive intention. :)

Melissa said...

thank you!

Yeah it's hard to turn that part of the brain off, especially when you just want to get through it. I'm not as hung up on the details as I used to be, haha.

Ayala Art said...

What a wonderful portrait!