Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Favourite Artist Trading Cards

Photobucket

Here's something I haven't done for a while: make an artist trading card. I was looking through my tiny collection of artist trading cards from across the land and thought I would share my favourites!

:3

Photobucket

Reason why trading cards are cool #1:

It's all inclusive! There is very little, if any, snobbery in the artist trading card community. Kids do it, moms do it, hip professionals do it, teens do it... pretty much anyone can draw a tiny picture, take a pretty photo or assemble a little collage. And then trade it!

Photobucket

Reason why trading cards are cool #2:

Mail is fantastic. Especially real mail with your name on it. Especially real mail with little doodles on the envelopes which are filled with tiny pieces of art and sometimes a letter or a card. If you're really lucky, sometimes the sender includes a surprise extra! Score!

Photobucket

I used to LOVE checking the mail on the way to work and finding pretty things inside.  It's nice to have something to look forward to that only costs as much as a postage stamp.

Photobucket

I don't do much trading anymore (I haven't even made any cards, since). Though if someone were to send me something in the mail, I would definitely reciprocate... :3

No comments: