Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Handmade Art Journal - Moth

Photobucket

Yesterday morning while culling a few of my old things, I found two acrylic paintings on paper that I decided to recycle into a journal cover :3

Photobucket

I think I originally made the paintings for some kind of show that I wasn't accepted into. I really don't remember the details. But I do remember that it was an "evolution" theme, and of course the first thing that comes to mind (for me, anyway) was the peppered moth.

(Yeah, I guess it would make more sense to think of bird beaks since that was supposedly the "beginning" of the theory, but the peppered moth case was the first time I'd actually understood what it all meant!)

Photobucket

So it's all very contrasty black and white (just like the real story). Because the paint was so deliberate and thick, wrapping it around a cover board was a bit of a nightmare! It was like wrapping with vinyl or something.

Photobucket

Available here.

No comments: